Calling all musicians, bands, and composers!
The Violin-Building Fundraiser For Musical Aid is holding a soundtrack contest! The winner will receive a $500 prize co-sponsored by the Seven Stars Arts Center and TURNmusic. 2nd place wins $250! All genres and styles welcome! The winner will get to contribute the soundtrack for the mini-documentary about the whole fundraiser project which will be released in May when the violin raffle drawing is held.
1) Download the 1-minute sample video of the violin making process HERE. In this Google Drive folder, you can also see soundtrack submission examples: as a split-screen version by Seoyeon Im and as a backing track by Jason Anick.
2) Combine a section or sample of your composition with the 1-minute video (as a split-screen video or as a backing track.) Your music MUST be original OR in the public domain.
3) Upload the 1 minute video with your soundtrack by April 20th at 11:59PM to your Facebook and/or Instagram and tag the fundraiser:
Facebook = @violinbuildingmusicianaid
Instagram = @musician.aid
and use the hashtags: #makingformusicians and #musicianaid
4) Share your video with your friends and followers! This will help spread the word of the fundraiser to more musicians in need and their donors!
Uploads will be judged 1-10 on 4 categories:
1. Creativity: Submission is original and musically interesting. Bonuses include a sense of humor, quirkiness, and the unexpected!
2. Musicianship: Demonstrates musical proficiency in composition and execution.
3. Relates To Video: As with a soundtrack, the work interacts with (and enhances) the visual content it accompanies.
4. Audio Quality: Because it will be used for project publicity and promotion, the recording is of an acceptable quality.
The winners will be announced and promoted on Monday, April 27th. Thank you for taking part and good luck everyone! Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect with Musician Aid: